I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Happiest Wishes On Your Birthday

I was looking on Pinterest for some cards using designer papers.  I had a whole Paper Studio 4 x 6 paper pad that had a lot of bold sparkly birthday patterns that I really liked, but I found they are sometimes hard to make a card with.  I found quite a few examples where you use the patterned paper on the bottom half, separate it with some ribbon,  and use the white space above the ribbon to stamp your sentiment.  I followed those examples mostly, but instead of just stamping the sentiment on the top white portion, I added a framed sentiment in between the two layers.  I was really happy with the results, and saved this one for my granddaughters upcoming birthday.  The others I will donate to SendASmile4Kids.  The cupcake designer paper on the bottom half came from the stack I mentioned above...Paper Studio's Birthday Extravaganza stack, and has glitter on the cupcake papers as well as the icing!  I stamped the sentiment from a Stampin Up set I've had forever in Momento's Rich Cocoa ink & die cut it out with a stitched square die. Then I backed it with some pink card stock from my stash, also die cut with the next size up stitched square. I really love how they all turned out!!  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!!



Challenges Entered:



  

11 comments:

Diane said...

Pretty birthday card with those yummy cupcakes, a cute design, too, don't you just 'love' Pinterest!! Thank you for playing in our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT{Nellies Nest}

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful creation. Lovely design and gorgeous colours used for our GLITTER IT UP challenge, sure suits our theme beautifully ...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}


Darlene said...

Yummy card! Who doesn't love birthday cupcakes? And these look good enough to eat! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘GLITTER’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Terri's Cards N More said...

Very pretty card. Beautiful color combo and lovely layout. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Anything Goes" challenge.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the cupcake theme - perfect for this birthday card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Vicki said...

Fantastic birthday card! Love the cupcake design with glitter topping. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Glitter" Challenge.

Birdie said...

I like that you left the white space blank and mounted the sentiment separately. Such a clean, crispy and cheery look. Glad you joined us at the PIP challenge this week.

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Day Dreamer Challenge #2, cheers Sue N (DT Member)

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

You put together this card so well, its really pretty! Thanks for sharing it over at The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge and we hope you'll come back again soon! Gwendolyn

Melissa Bove said...

Super sweet card! Love the fun design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us here at Daydreamer challenges.
hugs Zowie (DT member)