I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Happy Birthday

I was checking out cards I saved from Pinterest today to get some mojo going.  I always love bright rainbow colors...they always make me happy!  So I came up with this card...a combo of two different card designs from Pinterest.  I cut all the balloons out using the 2nd smallest balloon from the MFT Dienamics Balloon Stax.  Then I embossed them all with a Darice dotted folder, and tied black embroidery floss around the bases. After I arranged them on a white card base I cut them out with a stitched rectangle die keeping the floss strings out of the way.  I then gathered all the strings together and glued them down under the Happy Birthday sentiment (from Tim Holtz) embossed with white powder on a black strip of paper. Then I glued the whole panel down on a black panel & glued it all onto a white card base.  I think it's both fun and colorful!!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look!


Challenges Entered:






  

11 comments:

Tinstar said...

Super fun card Patti

Emily Shroom said...

Great looking card, love the attention to detail in tying on the string to each balloon!

Megan J said...

Hi Patty, what a fabulous idea, love the bright happy colours you used, thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw. Have a wonderful week.... Megan DT LPoCF

Jane said...

Gorgeous rainbow of balloons - and I'm a bit of a balloons on cards lover! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Carla's Cards said...

Cute card, thanks for sharing with Creative Lady Birds!

ÅsaJ said...

Beautiful card! Love your balloon design! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Sue said...

Such a colourful and really bright card Patti! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue J x

Tracie Pond said...

Love the added character the embossing gives the balloons. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

Helen Gullett said...

What an adorable card with those balloons. Thank you for playing along with Joy Clair July Challenge. Hope you will play again with us in August!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A luxury bunch of balloons with the added embossed detail adding to the striking design. Thanks for joining us at AAA this week.

Andree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.