I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Thinking of You

My mother-in-law lives in a retirement home and she recently asked me to make some pretty Thinking of You cards to send to people because she couldn't find any decent ones in the "stores".  I have been making her birthday, Christmas & Mother's Day cards the last few years, so I guess she thought I could help out.  Of course I freaked at first ....when someone asks you to make a specific card for them...kind of makes you feel "under the gun" so to speak.  At the same time I thought it would be a fun challenge & of course I would help her...she's priceless...the most loving mother-in-law anyone could dream for!!  Anyway...I will post some cards I made for her over the next couple of weeks. This is one of the first ones I came up with.  I love this Stampendous stamp called "Daisy Thanks"...looked exactly like the Black Eyed Susan's growing in my garden every year & they just spoke to me as a great versatile stamp!  I colored them with my Promarkers and framed them out with Spellbinders A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader die.  I proceeded to thread some dark brown woven ribbon through the slots in the die & struggled QUITE A WHILE till I managed to tie a bow in the center!!  Then I stamped the Thinking of You sentiment from a Tim Holtz set at the bottom in dark brown ink.  I think she'll love it!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look!!











5 comments:

Eileen said...

This card really does shout summer. Love your sunflowers. Thanks for entering our 'Summer Lovin' challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, and good luck
Eileen x

Julie said...

Super card - the perfect summer image! Thanks for joining in my Summer fun challenge at PFP this week, good luck! Juliexx

tilly said...

a beautiful card with my fave flowers, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz, hope to see you again
Tilly

Scrappyrpnprn said...

Very bright and cheery, great summer card. Thanx for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenges.

Carla

Rosalie Desmond said...

I love this card. Great work on the sunflowers.